Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Change of Plans...

This morning when I woke up, I noticed that I was leaking some fluid. I called the nurse in labor and delivery, and she talked to my doctor, who wanted me to come in to be evaluated. So, Nate and I made the trip to Ann Arbor and checked in to triage, where they did a few tests and confirmed that my water had broken.

I have been admitted, and will remain in the hospital until the babies are born. When will that be? That is a great question!! As of right now, I am having contractions every 2-3 minutes, but since they're not painful (and at times I can barely feel them), they're not considering it labor. If I do go into labor, if it looks like I have an infection, or if the babies start looking not-so-great, they'll deliver the babies immediately. If not, our delivery goal is still 34 weeks. We will be here until whenever we deliver!

I got my first dose of steroids to help mature the babies' lungs and other organ systems this afternoon, and I'll get the second dose tomorrow. I've also been started on IV antibiotics to help ward off infection, since the amniotic membrane has now been broken.

Our doctor just came in and did a quick ultrasound, and everything looks great. It looks like it was Baby A's sac that broke, which makes sense since hers is the one that has been poked and prodded multiple times (laser surgery + 2 blood transfusions.) I am also hooked up to a monitor that constantly watches both babies' heart rates and my contractions...




We are obviously praying that our babies will get a few more weeks inside, but thankfully, we were told yesterday that if our babies were to be born right now, they would most likely be in the hospital for a while but have very few, if any, long term complications.

We need your prayers more now than ever! Please pray for our little ones. Thank you all!

Here is a pic of our new home... :)


3 comments:

  1. You and Nate have been such troopers through all of this -- I wish we were there with you right now -- but we know it could take awhile! Love you all!! Your Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful Sara! Prayers for you and your health and comfort. Prayers for baby A and baby B that they remain strong, healthy and in the womb for a little longer! You and Nate have really been through alot with this pregnancy. God has been and is with you every step of the way! Hugs and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete