Friday, January 3, 2014

We Feel the Love!

Can I just say that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!?

Nate and I have been blessed with not one but TWO little girls (I STILL can't believe that!) and we have such amazing people in our lives. Since this whole thing started 2 1/2 weeks ago, we have felt so much support from our parents, sisters, families, friends, work, and even people we didn't know. We have been blessed with amazing doctors who care not only about my health and the health of our babies, but about our emotional well-being as well. We were blessed to quickly get a consultation at (we think) one of the BEST hospitals for our babies' condition, and even more blessed to get in quickly for surgery to give our babies another chance. (I think Nate has been converted to a U of M fan.. just saying.) Thanks to the amazing places we work for, we have had no trouble getting off work for any of these appointments or procedures, which just makes this all so much easier.

OK, now I get to brag about my hubby for just a minute. Not that there was anything wrong with our marriage before, but this whole experience has made the two of us closer than we have ever been. I can just feel that he loves me and our babies SO much and will do anything for us. Whenever he's home, he basically waits on me hand and foot, and he even brought me cupcakes home from work last night. (But he only let me eat them after I proved I had eaten enough protein for the day.......) I couldn't ask for a better person to go through this crazy experience with. Love you babe. :)

I was 7 weeks pregnant in this picture, with what I thought was a normal pregnancy with just one baby. Little did I know what was ahead for us. :)

Being activity-restricted is probably the most boring thing EVER, but I am so thankful to have amazing support from Nate and our parents who have already begun bringing us meals, plowed/shoveled our driveway and sidewalk, and check in on us every day. I just had a yummy Subs-N-More lunch catered to me by Mandy and Kinsley (see picture), and my sister is on her way here to relax and watch a movie with me. Many others have offered to bring us meals or help out with whatever we need, and we are SO thankful. If you have offered, we WILL take you up on it (doctor's orders!)

Kins had lots of fun looking at pictures of the babies and all the fun toys, clothes, and blankets we have for them already. She also thinks their names should be "Girl."

On top of all this, we know more people are praying for us and our babies than we will ever know about. I just wanted to say another thank you to all of you! We could not (and wouldn't want to) do this on our own. So many people love our little girls already; we can't even comprehend how much they are going to be loved when they finally make their appearance into the world. :)

We love you all!
Nate, Sara, and the Girls

PS. A fun fact! I talked to my surgeon this morning (yes, the amazing surgeon who I love), and she told me that she grew up and played soccer with Monica Lewinsky. Funny, huh!?

No comments:

Post a Comment